About 289 Nigerians stranded in the United States of America are expected back home today.
According to Special Adviser to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Sarah Sanda, the evacuation flight left US on Tuesday.
The flight manifest, Sanda stated, includes 135 males, 142 females and 12 infants.
The evacuation flight, she said, departed Newark New Jersey.
According to her: “289 Nigerians to arrive Abuja from USA on the 4th Evacuation flight on Wednesday 29th July 2020, from Newark New Jersey.
- One dead, three injured as 2 vehicles collide in Ikoyi
- 72 year old man Arrested in Ogun for defiling Minor
- Air Force Officer Bags 21 Years Imprisonment Over Fraud
- At Least 15 Dead In Pakistan Passenger Van Inferno
- 16 Dead From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Chinese Coal Mine
“The flight departed on Tuesday 28th August 2020 by 22:48hrs and estimated to arrive 13:35hrs on Wednesday 29th. The flight manifest includes: 135 males, 142 females and 12 infants.”
She also revealed two additional flights have been scheduled for July 31 and August 7.
Both flights, she stated, will take off from Houston Texas and Newark, New Jersey respectively.