An 80-year-old woman in Phatthalung province of Thailand was given a saline injection and instructed to rest in bed at home after she was allegedly raped by a man on July 21.
The victim told reporters she was selling steamed sticky rice stuffed with banana when a man aged around 50 years old arrived, sweet-talking her and saying he was attracted to her when he was young during the time they were neighbours.
He said he would like to buy all her steamed sticky rice but she had to go with him to deliver the desserts to his relative’s home.
She agreed, for they were worth Bt2,000 (S$90).
- Minor Rape: Man in police custody after defiling his best friend’s 7-year-old daughter
- FG warns Civil Servants not to join nationwide strike
- “I didn’t support Mayorkun’s music career” – Toyin Adewale, Mayorkun’s Mother reveals
- Hmmm!!! Frustrated young graduate tears and burns all his certificates after several job hunting (Photos)
- “People will take your humility for foolishness, don’t be too humble” – Actress Chika Ike claims
On the way, he took a desolate route and stopped at a house that was only half built.
She suddenly realised his true intentions and tried to flee but failed. She said that after the man had his way with her, he took away her purse.
Her relatives are now demanding that the police arrest the man as soon as possible.
Police said Tuesday that they have collected footage from surveillance cameras and are interrogating witnesses for more clues, which will hopefully lead to the man’s arrest.