A Federal High Court sitting at the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja has issued a warrant of arrest against the immediate past clerk of the National Assembly, Mr. Sani Omolori.
Ruling on an exparte motion filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Justice Suleman Belgore gave the order following claims by the anti-graft agency that Mr. Omolori ignored its invitation to report at its office over an investigation of a petition.
The EFCC in its motion stated that it was investigating a petition, alleging diversion of 14 Toyota Hilux vehicles and 13 Peugeot 508 valued at over 400 million naira.
- Minor Rape: Man in police custody after defiling his best friend’s 7-year-old daughter
- FG warns Civil Servants not to join nationwide strike
- “I didn’t support Mayorkun’s music career” – Toyin Adewale, Mayorkun’s Mother reveals
- Hmmm!!! Frustrated young graduate tears and burns all his certificates after several job hunting (Photos)
- “People will take your humility for foolishness, don’t be too humble” – Actress Chika Ike claims
It added that, as part of its investigation activities, it invited the secretary of the national assembly commission, Adamu Fika, Mr. Oluseye Ajakaye and others to its office.
The commission added that Mr. Fika and Mr. Ajakaye made revelations indicting Mr. Omolori, following which invitation letters were sent to him on November 4, 2019, which he allegedly ignored.
The anti-graft agency, further noted that it sent another letter to the former clerk on March 16, 2020, which he still ignored.