The suspect has been arrested by the police for having carnal knowledge of a minor.
The Police in Adamawa has arrested an 18-year-old man for allegedly raping a two-year-old girl in Jimeta, Yola.
The command Spokesman, DSP Sulaiman Nguroje, made this known to the News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Yola.
Nguroje said that the suspect (names withheld) lives in Jambutu Aso Rock in Yola North Local Government Area of the state.
He said that the suspect allegedly committed the offence on July 28 and was arrested by detectives attached to Karewa Division in Yola North Local Government Area of the state.
- Promise of free, fair election should not be mere lip service, Atiku tells Buhari
- Homeless woman delivered of baby under bridge
- Alhaji Shehu Idris, Emir of Zazzau, dies at 84
- Husband beats cheating wife and her lover after catching them while having s3x in a hotel (Video)
- NBA writes AGF Malami, calls for due process in amendment of rules for lawyers
“The suspect, whose shop is next to that of the victim’s mother, took the victim to a Bekaji Primary School, Jimeta, on the pretext of being a good neighbour and (allegedly) raped her.
“The mother, who noticed the swollen private part of her baby immediately reported to the police and the suspect was arrested.
“The victim is now undergoing medical treatment while the suspect is taken into custody for further investigation and prosecution,” Nguroje said.