President Muhammadu Buhari is presiding over the 10th virtual Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting at the State House in Abuja.
The meeting, which started at 10am with rendition of the national anthem, also observed a minute silence in honour of the father of Kwara Governor, Abdulganiyu Abdulrazak (SAN), who was a Minister of Railway in the first republic.
The virtual meeting also has the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo (SAN); the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Boss Mustapha; Chief of Staff to the President, Professor Ibrahim Gambari; and National Security Adviser (NSA), Major General Babagana Monguno (retd) in attendance.
- Visa Ban: ‘We determine who visits our country,’ British govt replies FG
- Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi, 14 others to sign peace agreement October 6 ahead of Ondo Polls
- BREAKING: COVID-19 deaths hit 1,102 in Nigeria
- Diri, INEC, ask Appeal Court to reverse tribunal’s judgment on Bayelsa election
- OCTOBER 1: Group demands Buhari’s resignation
The Ministers physically in attendance include the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister for Justice, Abubakar Malami; the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed; the Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika; the Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola; the Minister of Environment, Mohammed Mahmoud and the Minister of Trade and Investment, Niyi Adebayo.
Also physically present at the meeting are Minister of Power, Engr. Saleh Man and the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed.
Other Ministers are to participate from their various offices in Abuja.