Singer, Abolore Adigun, aka 9ice, has said that contrary to popular opinion, he never promised fans to win a Grammy award for them.
In an interview with Sunday Scoop,
- Arsenal sign Martin Odegaard on loan from Real Madrid
- Odion Ighalo Sends Parting Message To Manchester United Fans
- Former Footballer Jailed For Having Sex With 14-Year-Old Girl
- Timi Dakolo Advises Fans To Practice Their Love Languages On Themselves
- Liverpool get double fitness boost ahead of Premier League clash with Tottenham
He said:“People are getting it wrong. I didn’t promise anyone a Grammy award; I promised myself. I promised myself a lot of things. I promised myself a Music of Black Origin award and I got it. I promised myself to be one of the most reckoned with artistes and I’ve achieved that.
The Grammy award has been one of my targets as well. There is a Yoruba adage that says, ‘Ba o ku, ise o tan’ which literally means, ‘If there is life, anything can still happen’. I’m still doing music and who says I cannot get it (Grammy award) tomorrow? I still have that belief and I know God will do it for me.”