The Football Association made known on Wednesday that the Community Shield, the classical overture for the new English Premier League (EPL) season, would take place at Wembley on August 29.
The match between Premier League champions Liverpool and the winners of Saturday’s FA Cup final between Arsenal and Chelsea will be played two weeks before the start of the top-flight season.
- 5 Nollywood celebrities who died very sick while begging for treatment
- Tonto Dikeh reveals she is jealous of the relationship between her son and his nanny
- Police arrest 12 suspected criminals in Cross River
- Video: A Ghanaian JHS student manufactures his own car
- Shocking! Over 333 Dead civil servants still collecting salaries uncovered in Niger
It has been reported that the match could serve as a test event to welcome a restricted number of fans into Wembley as part of plans for supporters to make a socially distanced return to sports venues more widely from October 1.
The match will be immediately followed by an international break from September 2 to 10.
The Premier League said last week that the 2020/21 season would start on September 12 and run until May 23, 2022.