The boat capsized while en route Ikoyi from Ilashe after it t collided with an unidentified substance.
Many people have escaped death after a boat capsized at Marine Police Head-quarter, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi on Tuesday night July 28.
According to a statement released this morning by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency LASEMA, the boat capsized while en route Ikoyi from Ilashe after it t collided with an unidentified substance.
A total of 10 persons(9 adult males and a female) were involved in the incident and were rescued alive by the Marine Police in conjunction with LASEMA Response Team as no life was lost.
- #BBNaija2020: Shortly After Ozo’s Eviction From The Lockdown House Nengi IS Spotted Having Fun With Laycon (Video)
- Founder of Nikola Resignz after Fraud Allegations
- Teenager raped, killed in Abeokuta
- 6 year-old missing, others rescued as rain causes havoc in Ilorin
- Alfa kills 20-year-old girlfriend for ritual after being paid two million
The names of the victims are as follows
Ogungbe Taiwo(Captain of the Boat)
Anjadick Emmanuel Isah
Owoyemi Taiwo Peter
Lawal Gbolahan and
The second boat was recovered from the water ten minutes after the first one which had 7 victims on board and the total number of victims rescued now 17 in number ( 16 Males and 1 female).