Deputy Governor of Nasarawa state, Dr Emmanuel Akabe is now undergoing investigations for allegedly spending N500m on COVID-19.
The state’s house of assembly members who alongside other prominent stakeholders were not satisfied with how the money was spent, have set up a six-man ad hoc committee to investigate the activities of the state Task Force on COVID-19.
The committee was constituted after Mr Daniel Ogazi moved a motion under matters of public importance, stressing the need for the House to monitor the activities of the task force.
Speaker of the assembly, Mr Ibrahim Abdullahi said;
- Police parade Kidnappers, Armed Robbers Arrested in Abuja (photos)
- #BBNaija2020: Check Out List Of Housemates That Became Millionaires On The Show
- Council of Chiefs in Rivers Warns Amaechi over Attack on Ateke
- Heavy Rainfall affects Edo Communities, renders many Homeless
- ISWAP Terrorists kill 10 Nigerian soldiers in ambush: sources
“This is a good motion and I wish to set up an ad hoc committee to monitor the activities of the state COVID-19 Task Force.
“Mr Abdullahi Angibi of Lafia Central Constituency is the chairman of the committee and Mr Usman the Labaran Shafa of Toto/Gadabuke Constituency is the vice-chairman of the committee.”
The Deputy Governor who defended himself, however insisted that he advised the house of assembly members to constitute the committee.