The Nigerian Army Troops attached to the Operation WHIRL STROKE have continued to record significant victories over bandits in the northern region of the country.
Information made available to Naija News on Saturday in a statement by the Defence Headquarters said the troops acting on actionable Human Intelligence on the infiltration of armed herdsmen on 10 July 2020 at Chambe community in Logo LGA of Benue State where 2 villagers were killed, swiftly deployed to the scene but the bandits had fled the area.
The troops, however, tracked the assailants to a makeshift camp at the outskirt of Arufu in neighbouring Taraba State.
- Nigeria Records 457 More COVID-19 Cases, Total Infections Now 44,890
- Unbelievable! Woman Transforms After Leaving Her Toxic Boyfriend, Plans To Partake In Pageantry (Photos)
- Nigerian Man Engages Lady After Becoming Friends On Twitter 2 Years Ago (Photos)
- Abuja Security Officers Shave Off #RevolutionNow Protester’s Hair With Knife, Broken Bottle(Photos)
- Lady Finally Graduates With 1st Class After Her Dad Refused To Train Her In The University
On sighting the troops, the armed bandits opened fire, troops overwhelmed the criminals with high-intensity fire, killing 2 of them while others fled in disarray with gunshot wounds.
In the process, one AK 47 rifle as well as 10 rounds of 7.62mm Special were recovered.
Additionally, the gallant troops have dominated the area conducting clearance patrol from Arufu to Akwana in order to rid the general area of any untoward activities.