Don Jazzy has reacted to the news of The Academic Staff Union of Universities vowing to continue the strike until the Federal Government meets its demand.
Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) went on strike in the month of April demanding salary increments.
On why they are refusing, The President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, Biodun Ogunyemi, said ASUU was demanding the Federal Government to implement its 2012 universities needs assessment, adding that the union’s demands were genuine and in the interest of the nation.
Don Jazzy reacting to the statement took to Twitter,
- House of Reps members seeks reopening of schools postponed by 3-month
- killing of Iran’s Soleimani, others listed by Donald Trump as achievements, as his tenure comes to an End
- Sea pirates arrested for kidnapping four Americans in Bayelsa
- National Guard in high demand ahead of Joe Biden’s inauguration Next Week
- Sanwo-Olu gives new directives, order civil servants to work from home till Feb 1
He wrote:An African proverb says, “when two elephants fight, it’s the grass that gets trampled.” The two elephants – ASUU and the FG. Students would be at the receiving end. A very sad situation. Stakeholders should pls try as much as possible not to let this strike action linger.”