Not less than 3 people have been killed in recent clash between the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB and operatives of the Department of State Security, DSS as many others have been badly wounded at Emene, Enugu state on Sunday.
According to reports, trouble started at about 7:00am when some policemen invaded Community Secondary School in Emene where members of the group were meeting to disperse and arrest them. The attempt was resisted, with the IPOB members reportedly overpowering the security operatives.
- Ugandan President Museveni wins Sixth term in Office, defeats Bobi Wine
- Mohammed Marwa Appointed NDLEA Chairman by Buhari
- 4 men arrested for stealing church instruments
- AC Milan in advanced talks with Chelsea over deal for centre back
- BBNaija’s Leo recounts how his principal got sacked on the day he was meant to expel him from school
In a swift reaction, a large reinforcement of security agents was called and over a dozen patrol vans loaded with armed policemen, army, and DSS personnel arrived at the scene and faced the Biafran agitators.
The number of casualties is yet unknown.