Nigerian popular singers, Yemi Alade and Sinach have been added to the list of 100 most influential women in Africa by Avance media.
They join the likes of notable music acts like Angélique Kidjo, Oumou Sangaré
Ghana-based Avance Media list is an annual compilation achieved made the list through a public nomination.
The list coming from 34 countries across the African continent, states that the women are essentially leaders in various fields of endeavour and role models for the younger generation.
- Gambian Government Threatens To Name And Shame Coronavirus Rule-Breakers
- Governor Yahaya Bello gets Commended For Promoting Women Inclusiveness In Kogi by UN
- Court To Rule On Bukola Saraki’s Lagos Houses On February 19
- Controlled Use Of Ivermectin For Coronavirus Treatment Approved By South African Govt
- New COVID-19 Variants Have Spread To Dozens Of Countries, WHO Gives New Reports
This year’s list saw women from Nigeria record the most representation at 20.
South Africa and Ghana made up the top three with 11 and 9 women leaders, respectively.
Sinach is making it on the list for the first time in the entertainment category.
They also named her among the Top 100 Most Reputable Persons on earth by Reputable Poll in 2019.
Sinach said:“Always grateful to Jesus for all He’s been doing in our Lives,”
“A lot has happened this year, but in all, we are still standing. I thank everyone that
contributed to this and especially our fans and followers. You made this happen. Thank you for inspiring us.’