Bobby Shmurda has been denied release on parole and given a hold until the maximum expiration of his sentence on December 11, 2021.
Popular US rapper, Bobby Shmurda will have to remain in prison till 2021 after being denied parole.
Though his parole hearing was originally set for mid-August until it was pushed back for one month, he was denied the opportunity following his interview last Tuesday September 15 with the Board of Parole.
Bobby Shmurda was denied release and given a hold until the maximum expiration of his sentence on December 11, 2021. TMZ reported that no reason was given for this.
The rapper has been behind bars for about six years (two years in city jail, followed by four in state lockup) after his arrest in December 2014. Prosecutors said he was part of an East Flatbush–based gang, GS9, which engaged in a “protracted turf battle with multiple other rivals,” such as Brooklyn’s Most Wanted, from January 2013 to October 2014. Twenty-one people were charged in the indictment.
He was sentenced to seven years in prison after accepting a deal to plead guilty to 4th-degree conspiracy and 2nd-degree criminal weapons possession.
Back in 2018, Shmurda dialed into This is 50 for a phone interview where he spoke about his possible release in 2020. He said at that time;
“When I get out, we’re going to f— everything up. I got two years, 2020. You know how that sh– goes. I like to see real n—as doing their thing with more constructive sh–. I hope a lot of motherf—ers learn from me.”
Read more on our Metro News
- Ahmed Musa to miss Kano Pillars away games over unsafe roads
- WICKEDNESS! Mother arrested after police rescue 15-year-old girl allegedly confined in a room for 10 years by her parents in Kano; father still on the search (photos)
- WOW! See the moment two UK police officers were caught kissing in patrol car for ’20 minutes’ (video)
- See the moment Lady narrates how she got infected with HIV by her first-ever boyfriend and how she found out he has 3 babymamas
- BREAKING: President of Chad Idriss Déby who just got reelected, extending his 30 years in power, is dead