It was gathered that the suspected thieves murdered by angry mob, said to be in their teens, were part of a 3-man gang that allegedly attacked a popular supermarket named Sunnytex and were about to escape when someone raised alarm.
Angry mob last night killed and set two suspected armed robbers ablaze in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.
The incident happened along the popular Marian road, opposite Lion’s park, around 9pm on Monday, September 21.
It was gathered that the suspects, said to be in their teens, were part of a 3-man gang that allegedly attacked a popular super market named Sunnytex and were about to escape when someone raised alarm.
According to an eyewitness, residents around Sunnytex Supermarket noticed suspicious movements, raised an alarm and went after the armed youths immediately they fled. Narrating how they captured the robbers, the witness said,
“When we noticed that the boys were robbing, we decided to lay siege and accost them, we were not afraid because we discovered they had locally-made gun.
“Immediately they came out from the supermarket the mob went after them, and raised the alarm, funny enough, one of them too joined the mob in shouting “thief ooo” not knowing that he has been marked already.
“Two ran through a nearby street while the one who joined us in raising alarm wanted to escape via Rabana roundabout, he was apprehended and lynched. The other was also lynched and set ablaze.”
WARNING! GRAPHIC PHOTOS BELOW…
Read more on our Metro Page
- Ramadan fast: Hisbah police arrest over 10 persons for eating during the day in Kano
- See the reason why husband burnt all his wife’s certificates
- RACISM AT ITS PEAK? White Texas students disciplined after creating ‘slave trade’ group on Snapchat that assigns price tags to their black classmates
- “My sons have not taken care of me … I give my daughter my property absolutely as she has taken care of me for all these years” – Three brothers fight their sister after their mum gave all of her £850k will to her
- Police arrest two siblings for allegedly beating their brother to death over their late father’s property in Imo