Fourteen bodies recovered so far as bus conveying church members to a funeral plunges into a river in Ivo local government area in Ebonyi state on Friday night, September 18.
Tragedy struck in Ivo local government area in Ebonyi state on Friday night, September 18, after a bus conveying 32 persons to a burial, plunged into Akaeze-Ukwu River in the local government area.
Spokesperson of the state police command, Loveth Odah, who confirmed the incident to newsmen, said 14 bodies have so far been recovered while efforts are being made to recover the rest. She said the 14 corpses that have been recovered comprise of seven male and seven female.
Odah said among the five victims rescued was the driver of the said 608 coaster bus with Reg no. UKP 78 XA Mr Nwaonu Chinedu a native of IKWO LGA of the State. She said one of the deceased people was a female whose body was recovered shortly after the victim who died yesterday is a female who is yet to be identified.
“The female victim was confirmed dead by a medical Doctor on arrival at Dennis Hospital Akaeke in the Area.
The driver narrated that he conveyed 32 members of the Christ Peculiar Church of Nigeria Enugu State branch to attend a burial ceremony at Nguzu Edda in Afikpo South LGA of the State.
14 corpses have been recovered (7 female and 7 male) together with the 608 Vehicle.
The corpses have been deposited at Martha Memorial hospital mortuary AFIKPO preservation.”Odah said
check out the video below…
Read more on our Metro Page
- WAWU!!! See Nigerian Playboy Floss Six Pregnant Women Claiming He is The Father Of All The Kids
- OMG!!! See What Doctors Found Growing Inside Woman’s Womb 6 Weeks After She Gave Birth
- Football Legend Diego Maradona confirmed dead following heart attack
- WAHALA!!! See How Crippled Beggar Who Got Healed Fights Pastor For Spoiling His Begging Business
- Lewandowski, De Bruyne Shortlisted For FIFA Men’s Player Award.