According to Toyin Abraham, some Nigerians in Cairo lending a voice to the ongoing #EndSARs protest against police brutality were arrested and locked up by the authorities of Egypt.
- Ugandan President Museveni wins Sixth term in Office, defeats Bobi Wine
- Mohammed Marwa Appointed NDLEA Chairman by Buhari
- 4 men arrested for stealing church instruments
- AC Milan in advanced talks with Chelsea over deal for centre back
- BBNaija’s Leo recounts how his principal got sacked on the day he was meant to expel him from school
Nollywood actress, Toyin Abraham has called out the Chairman, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, for allegedly blocking her on social media.
According to the actress, some Nigerians in Cairo lending a voice to the ongoing #EndSARs protest against police brutality were arrested and locked up by the authorities of Egypt.
In reaction, Abraham called on the support of Abike Dabiri-Erewa who in her power can call for the release of the protesters in Cairo. To her surprise, the chairman blocked her.
The actress took to her Instagram page to share a screenshot of the action and captioned it,
“@abikedabiri you blocked me on Twitter because I am begging you to please help In The release of our people in Cairo.
“Please Ma’am kindly block me here too ma’am. @drzus @bamideleabiodunoffficial @tayofak. Pls Mrs Abike Dabiri blocked me because I am speaking up for our people in Cairo.”
According to reports online, about 20 Nigerians were picked up by the police in Cairo on the authority of the Nigerian embassy there following their peaceful protest at the embassy.