According to Williams Uchemba, any structure without leadership will die and fizzle out, adding that, if the protesters fails to select a leader, the movement will be hijacked leading to no positive impact.
- See moment gay man publicly proposed to his boyfriend goes viral (Video)
- Dangote, Adenuga, Rabiu Make Africa’s Top 10 Billionaires’ List
- Kenyan Senior Football Officials Sanctioned For Breaching Coronavirus Rules In CAF Qualifier
- Nobody Would Be Allowed To Cause Ethnic Crisis In Oyo – Makinde Gives Warning
- Governor Sule Of Nasarawa State Visits Buhari, Raises Alarm Over Boko Haram Activities In Nasarawa
Popular Nollywood comic-actor, Williams Uchemba has opined that the ongoing #EndSARS protest will need a leadership structure to enable it strive and yield desired result.
According to Williams, any structure without leadership will die and fizzle out, adding that, if the protesters fails to select a leader, the movement will be hijacked leading to no positive impact.
In his words:Anything without leadership will die and fizzle out. It might have began organically but it needs leadership for focus, strategy, negotiations, execution and evaluation.
If we get carried away with our emotions and not put a proper leadership structure in place, this movement will be hijacked and when that happens, we have no only failed our generation but might not be given a golden opportunity such as this, to change our nation for good anytime soon.
EndSARS is a social movement in Nigeria that started on Twitter calling for banning of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, a unit of the Nigerian police force.
However, overtime the movement has shifted from just calling for banning of SARS, but to a call for total reform of the police and political system.