The executive governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu imposes a 24-hour curfew in all areas in Lagos State in lieu of the chaos going around the State since the #EndSARS protest started
Governor Sanwo-Olu took to his Twitter page to announce the curfew and expressing his shock and sadness to what is currently happening all around the state
The Curfew will begin 4 pm today, October 20 and will last for 24 hours through out the whole state
The Governor also stated that Nobody, except essential service providers and first responder must be found on the streets.
in his words;
I have watched with shock how what began as a peaceful #EndSARS protest has degenerated into a monster that is threatening the well-being of our society. Lives and limbs have been lost as criminals and miscreants are now hiding under the umbrella of these protests to unleash mayhem on our state. As a government that is alive to its responsibility and has shown a commitment to the movement #ENDSARS, we will not watch and allow anarchy in our dear state.
I, therefore, hereby impose a 24-hour curfew on all parts of the State as from 4pm today, 20th October,2020. Nobody, except essential service providers and first responders must be found on the streets.
Read more on our News Page
- House of Reps members seeks reopening of schools postponed by 3-month
- killing of Iran’s Soleimani, others listed by Donald Trump as achievements, as his tenure comes to an End
- Sea pirates arrested for kidnapping four Americans in Bayelsa
- National Guard in high demand ahead of Joe Biden’s inauguration Next Week
- Sanwo-Olu gives new directives, order civil servants to work from home till Feb 1