Sokoto Governor Tambuwal who is the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s Governors Forum said SARS and SWAT are two sides of same coin
Sokoto state Governor, Aminu Tambuwal has disagreed with the Northern Governors Forum’s position on the controversial rogue Police Unit, Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) and its subsequent mutation, SWAT.
According to a short statement issued on Twitter via the State Government’s handle, Tambuwal who is the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s Governors Forum said SARS and SWAT are two sides of the same coin and insisted on the rule of law to prevail on human rights violators.
Chairman of the Northern Governors Forum and Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong earlier said the Forum was against the disbandment of the rogue police unit despite nationwide protests calling for its scrapping.
Read more on our News Page
- See How Woman Was Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge
- YAWA!!! Two Ghanian Police Officers Arrested After Murdering Suspect
- BUSTED!!! Three Young Men Arrested For Attacking And Robbing A Woman Jogging On The Road (SEE PHOTOS)
- Police Hunting Down Man Who Drugged and Sodomized His Best Friend
- DISGUSTING!!! Man Gets Arrested For Licking Ice Cream Tub & Putting It Back In Shelf