Sokoto Governor Tambuwal who is the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s Governors Forum said SARS and SWAT are two sides of same coin
Sokoto state Governor, Aminu Tambuwal has disagreed with the Northern Governors Forum’s position on the controversial rogue Police Unit, Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) and its subsequent mutation, SWAT.
According to a short statement issued on Twitter via the State Government’s handle, Tambuwal who is the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s Governors Forum said SARS and SWAT are two sides of the same coin and insisted on the rule of law to prevail on human rights violators.
Chairman of the Northern Governors Forum and Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong earlier said the Forum was against the disbandment of the rogue police unit despite nationwide protests calling for its scrapping.
Read more on our News Page
- Delta State Govt eases curfew from 8am to 6pm
- Afghan road bomb kills nine civilians
- Pregnant woman, 2-year-old baby crushed to death in Delta
- Hoodlums on rampage, loot NASS members’ houses
- Police arrest 10 suspects, recover looted items in Akwa Ibom