Paul Okoye has vehemently opposed the newly-created Police unit, SWAT.
Popular Nigerian singer, Paul Okoye of the defunct singing group, P-Square, has vehemently opposed the newly-created Police unit, SWAT.
Recall that, The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has set up SWAT to replace the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) which was disbanded following nationwide protests over brutality, illegal arrest, extortion, extra-judicial killings.
- Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Directs Half-flown Party’s Flag Nationwide
- Just in: Buhari,Osinbajo, IGP, Others Holding A Virtual Meeting With Former Heads of State
- INEC Postpones October 31 By-Elections in Six Senatorial Zones
- Hoodlums invade Police station, Customs base, cart away property in Iseyin
- Kukah, Falana, Agbakoba, Jega, Chris Kwaja 36 Others Suggest Solution To EndSARS Crisis
Reacting to this,
Paul Okoye wote ;We go end am before e ripe, we move
Paul Okoye is not the only celebrity that has kicked against this new police unit.
Mavin Boss, Don Jazzy also advised the Government not to continue with newly created Special Weapons and Tactics Unit.
He tagged the new unit as unnecessary and should be terminated with immediate effect to avoid unnecessary expenses in setting up the unit.