Lekki Concession Company has debunked claims it removed the CCTVs at the Lekki-Victoria Island tollgate just before the sad shooting of peaceful protesters on Tuesday, October 20.
The Lekki Concession Company has debunked claims it removed the CCTVs at the Lekki-Victoria Island tollgate just before the sad shooting of peaceful protesters on Tuesday, October 20.
Lagos State Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat shared a copy of the statement and wrote ;
This press release by the Lekki Concession Company should provide some feedback about a lot of stories we have seen on social media about the Lekki toll gate. It is important to understand all the factors at play as we continue to investigate. Perimeter CCTV was not removed.
- Burna Boy ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Nominated For Grammy Award For ‘Best Global Music Album’
- Grammys: Beyonce’s ‘Brown Skin Girl’ With Wizkid Nominated For Best Music Video
- Nicki Minaj Drags The Grammy Awards For Not Giving Her The Best New Artist Award in 2012
- I’m famous – Bobrisky brags as Snapchat adds him to its array of filters
- Repentant Looters Return Lotted Items, Seek Governors Forgiveness in Plateau (photos)
Read the statement from the company below:
Moments before the sporadic shooting of unharmed protesters, by the Nigeria armed forces at the Lekki Toll Gate, a photo of two men removing the security cameras surfaced online.
A Twitter user who shared the photo of the men on the micro-blogging platform shared his concern.
He wrote:Guys please I don’t know how to verify these men, dem just come the lekki toll gate and cut off the security cameras. Saying they are from the government, hmm.
Twitter users were alarmed by this and warned that a crime was about to be committed that wasn’t meant to be caught on camera.
Not long after the photos were shared, the lights around the Lekki toll gate were put off and gunshots were fired at the End SARS protesters.