The one-year-old boy was declared missing during a church service at the children’s section of Sotitobire Praying Ministry located at Oshinle Quarters in Akure, Ondo
AN Ondo high court in Akure has sentenced the Founder of Sotitobire Praising Chapel, Prophet Babatunde Alfa and five others to life imprisonment over the disappearance of a one-year-old boy, Gold kolawole in the church last year.
The presiding judge, Justice Olusegun Odusola of the Ondo State High Court sentenced the Founder of Sotitobire Praising Chapel, Prophet Samuel Babatunde, also known as Alfa Babatunde, to life imprisonment over the disappearance of a one-year-old boy, Gold Kolawole, in his church.
The one-year-old boy was declared missing on November 10, 2019, during a church service at the children’s section of Sotitobire Praying Ministry located at Oshinle Quarters in Akure, the state capital.
The clergyman was arrested, alongside seven other members of the church, and were arraigned before a magistrate’s court on six counts.
The matter was later transferred to the state High Court.
Delivering his judgment in the case today Tuesday, October 6, Justice Odusola said based on the evidence provided by the prosecution team, the clergyman and the five others were found guilty of two counts of kidnapping, and aiding and abetting to kidnap. He thereafter sentenced them to life imprisonment.
Read more on our Metro Page
- Young Man stabbed to death while filming a music video in London (photos)
- ”No room for laziness and unfruitfulness”- COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo backs Bishop Oyedepo over sacking of pastors
- See what Bishop David Oyedepo said after sacking multiple pastors from Winners Chapel (video)
- Taliban beheads Afghanistan interpreter for US Army as militant group dominates almost 90% of Afghan territory following US withdrawal of military troops
- Bandits kill 3 persons, set ablaze military armoured vehicle in Zamfara