According to reports, the trigger-happy police officer allegedly stormed the community with threats of killing one or two people, and fired a gunshot into the air.
The police command in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja has arrested a policeman for allegedly killing a 19-year-old barber, Jonah Samson, in Dutse-Apo area on Saturday, October 3.
According to reports, the trigger-happy police officer allegedly stormed the community with threats of killing one or two people, and fired a gunshot into the air. When residents of the area appealed to him to stop, he allegedly fired another one which sadly hit the barber who was pronounced dead at the hospital where he was rushed to.
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the FCT police command, ASP Yusuf Mariam said the Commissioner of Police, CP Bala Ciroma, has ordered an investigation into the incident and that the accused police officer has been arrested and will be charged accordingly.
“The Police Officer identified to have shot the deceased has been arrested, detained and will be charged accordingly.
“While commiserating with the family and friends of the deceased, the Commissioner of Police wishes to guarantee members of the public that the Command will be lucid in its investigation and ensure the findings are made public,” the statement read
Read more on our Metro Page
- Lady In Police Custody For Allegedly Killing Mother, Chopped Off The Head, Cuts Her To Pieces And Eats Flesh
- Traidmarc returns to Nigeria with 24-track album ‘Epilogue’
- Davido’s Older Brother, Adewale Adeleke And Wife Expecting Their First Child
- I am happy without marriage, kids – Don Jazzy reveals
- “From bum shorts to leggings” – Fans drags Ozo over choice of outfit