Zamfara state Governor Bello Matawalle who made the allegation said a committee set up to probe financial mismanagement in the state made the discovery.
Governor Bello Matawalle has alleged N107 billion was stolen from Zamfara state treasury in a previous administration in the state.
Governor Bello Matawalle who made the allegation in a tweet shared on Thursday October 1, said a committee set up to probe financial mismanagement in the state made the discovery.
Though he wasn’t specific on the admistration, the Zamfara state Governor however added that he will ensure that the stolen money is recovered.
The tweet read;
Yesterday, I received the final report of Alhaji Ahmad Zabarma led committee on mismanagement of public finances & procurement processes. A whopping sum of N107 billion was stolen from state coffers by previous administration. We will recover these embezzled funds!
Read more on our Politics Page
- Protesters Clash With Police In France Over New Security Law
- INHUMANE!!! See Reason Priest Bluntly Refused To Baptise Baby
- YAWA!!! See What Mortuary Attendant Did With Maradona’s Body That Landed Him In Trouble
- BUT WHY?? Falcon Bird That Flew All The Way From Finland To Nigeria, Killed In Delta State
- BUSTED!!! Two Men Who Killed Police Officers In Oyo State And Sold Their Heads For ₦1000 Have Been Apprehended