President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Youth Wing Apostle Nyeneime Andy said they will resist the government’s plan on the Anti-social Media bill
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has kicked against the Federal Government’s plan to regulate social media termed “Anti-social Media bill”.
President of CAN Youth Wing Apostle Nyeneime Andy who addressed reporters in Abuja on Tuesday, November 3, averred that they will resist government’s plan to regulate the use of social media space as Nigerians have the freedom to speak and express themselves without inhibitions.
The Christian group which stressed that the positive side of social media outweighs the negative side, further pointed out that there are genuine social media users who also earn their living and impact on society through the platform.
The president of CAN Youth said;
“Social media is a strong platform that can be used to sharpen discussions, even though it has negative sides. Millions of people make their daily living from social media, even when some people claim that it destroys. Millions of others are also learning from social media.
“In fact, Facebook seems to be the strongest religion in the world. The fact that there are few negative sides to it does not mean that there are no good sides.
“Undoubtedly, the positive side of social media outweighs the negative side.”
Read more on our News Page
- 19-Year-Old Who Allegedly Sets Ex-Boyfriend’s House On Fire And Killing His New Lover Arrested By Police
- BUSTED!! 57 Year Old Man In Custody For S*xually Abusing Six boys
- Nigerian Woman Smuggling 840 Cans Of Foreign-Made Beer Arrested In India
- Police Arrest Woman Accused Of Cooking With Mortuary Water
- WAWU!!! Meet The Only Female Mechanic In Katsina; See What People Are Saying About Her.