Ekiti State Ministry Of Justice has publicly ‘name and shame’ a 51-year-old convicted rapist identified as Ajayi Peter who raped a 12-year-old girl in Ijero-Ekiti
A 51-year-old convicted rapist identified as Ajayi Peter, has been publicly name-shamed in Ekiti state’s name and shame initiative.
Peter,51, a resident of Ijero Ekiti in the Ijero Local Government Area hails from Itapa Ekiti in the Oye council area has been sentenced to life imprisonment by the High Court of Ado Ekiti for raping a 12-year-old girl.
Ekiti State Attorney General, Mr Olawale Fapohunda in a statement released on Tuesday, November 3, said the ‘name and shame’ publication was in furtherance of the state government’s zero tolerance for sexual violence or assault in the state.
Fapohunda also said that pictures of convicted sex offenders will now be pasted in their last known address as well as the most prominent place in the offender’s community.
The Ekiti State Attorney General said;
“Under the initiative, names and photographs of convicted rapists are pasted on billboards in prominent public spaces in their communities and their council headquarters and as well uploaded on the website of the ministry of justice and other state government platforms in addition to being recorded in the sex offenders’ register and as well disqualified from benefitting from the governor’s power of prerogative of mercy.”
Read more on our Metro Page
- Adele Reaches Divorce Settlement With Estranged Husband
- “Don’t be offended when people you know don’t support your business” – Kiki Osinbajo
- ”Na the one wey my money reach” – Actor Walter Anga replies a fan who mocked him for always wearing female eyeglasses
- “How I wish my mother was alive” – Cubana Chief Priest says as he bags new international partnership deal
- Biden’s Nominee, Lloyd Austin Becomes First Black US Pentagon Chief