A lawyer representing the ex-Chairman of Pension Reform Task Team (PRTT), Abulrasheed Maina in his ongoing trial for money laundering, Adeola Adedipe has applied to quit the case.
Adedipe, who is representing Maina’s company, Common Input Property and Investment Ltd, told a Federal High Court in Abuja that he has filed a notice, indicating his intention to withdraw from further representing his client.
He disclosed this at the resumption of proceedings in the case on Wednesday.
The lawyer said he has not been paid by his client and apologised to the court for being absent from proceedings during some of the recent adjournments.
The judge ruling on the case, Justice Okon Abang stated that the notice the lawyer claimed to have filed was not in the court’s file and therefore cannot accept his application.
The case has been adjourned till December 4 for the continuation of the trial.
Read more on our News Page
- Woman sold her day-old baby for N10, 000 after attempt to kill the child failed
- Meet Bauchi Carpenter Who Plans To Have 40 Children, As He Welcomes His 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th Children Within 3 Weeks
- OMG!!! Mother Of 4 Stabbed Children To Death Thought She Remove The Presence Of Evil Spirit
- TRAGEDY!!! See How Woman And Baby Were Crushed By Police Van (Video)
- TRAGIC!!! See How Jealous Girlfriend Killed Her Lover