The University of Ibadan’s (UI) Senate has elected Prof. Adebola Babatunde Ekanola as the new Acting Vice-Chancellor of the university.
Prof. Ekanola, who is the current Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academics was elected on Monday, the same day the tenure of the VC, Prof Idowu Olayinka expired.
Prof. Ekanola was said to have scored 275 votes to beat four other professors nominated for the position.
Prof A. Oluleye was said to have gotten 80 votes to come second while Prof Adigun Agbaje polled 15 votes to place third; Prof Gbemisola Oke got 14 votes and Prof Olanike Adeyemi has 13 votes.
Due to the crisis involved in the selection of a new VC for the university, the process was cancelled and the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, asked the Senate of the university to appoint an acting VC.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- BBNaija’s Mercy Eke Reveals The Secret To Her Success
- Iraq surrenders remains of 55 soldiers killed during the 1980s war to Iran
- Earthquake hits West Sulawesi in Indonesia
- Tottenham boss running out of patience with Gareth Bale as video of Mourinho complaining about Bale to coaching staff was released
- Etinosa Idemudia Finally Unveils Her Daughter In Top Magazine Cover