US President-elect, Joe Biden, has appointed Nigerian-born, Adewale Adeyemo, as Deputy Treasury Secretary for his administration.
Adeyemo will serve under former Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen, who will lead the US Treasury Department.
The inclusion of Adeyemo makes the number of African American on Biden’s economic team three with Cecilia Rouse and Neera Tanden.
Neera Tanden, who is president of Center for American Progress and a senior policy adviser to Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaigns, will be the Director, Office of Management and Budget.
Cecilia Rouse, an African American economist at Princeton University, has been selected to lead the Council of Economic Advisers.
Adeyemo was a senior international economic adviser during the Obama administration and first president of the Obama Foundation.
Read more on our World News Page
- “I don’t care” – Linda Ikeji tells a follower who mocked her over “visible stretch marks”
- Deputy registrar of FUTA attacked by bandits dies
- FIFA rejects appeal of Atletico Madrid against Kieran Trippier’s ban
- Nollywood actress, Adebimpe Oyebade speaks on alleged affair with Lateef Adedimeji
- Japan detected COVID-19 variant in three people with no record of travel to Britain