The residents of Umoh Obot Street, off Nto Akpan Inyang in the Ikot-Ikpene Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State were gripped with fear following the alleged murder of one Eka Ime by her daughter, Mary Imewe.
The suspect, Mary Imewe murdered her mother and dismembered her on Friday, before she was apprehended.
It was gathered that on Sunday in Uyo, angry youths of the community forced her to pack the body parts into a basin and walked around the community.
The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Odiko Macdon, who confirmed the incident, said he it was unnerving for a daughter to butcher her mother to death, stating that her state of mind would have to be certified before she is charged to court.
Macdon stated, “The story is true; she butchered her mum. We are suspecting that she is not of a sound mind, but we do not have any medical capacity yet to say so.
“Medical personnel will have to determine if she is of a sound mind or not, because no right-thinking person will kill her mother by butchering her.
“As we speak, we have her in our custody. We have gathered the parts of her mother and deposited them in the mortuary. By the time we ascertain her state of mind, we will charge her accordingly. The test will determine the extent of her culpability in the crime.”
Watch the videos below
Read more on our Metro News Page
- ”I don’t regret going to Uganda, I would love to go back just to see those people again” – Omah Lay (Video)
- Ondo: Akeredolu orders herdsmen to vacate forest reserves
- BBNaija’s Mercy Eke Reveals The Secret To Her Success
- Iraq surrenders remains of 55 soldiers killed during the 1980s war to Iran
- Earthquake hits West Sulawesi in Indonesia