UEFA has announced the nominees for the Men’s Team of the Year’ for 2020 with Bayern Munich dominating and Cristiano Ronaldo shortlisted for the 17th year in a row.
Fans will be able to choose their line-up from 50 players all over the continent who have stood out across European competitions and domestic leagues before the deadline on January 6.
Cristiano Ronaldo is once again nominated, for a sensational 17th year in a row, after he helped Juventus win another Serie A title.
Bundesliga Champion, Bayern dominated the nominees with 10 members of nominated, including UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Robert Lewandowski.
Bayern stars Serge Gnabry, Thomas Muller, Kingsley Coman, Leon Goretzka, David Alaba, Joshua Kimmich and Alphonso Davies, as well as Thiago Alcantara, now at Liverpool, are also on the shortlist.
The Premier League has the joint-most representatives on the shortlist, with 15 out of the 50 names, and newly-crowned champions Liverpool are heavily featured after ending their 30-year wait for a title.
Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Jordan Henderson, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alisson, Andy Robertson and Virgil van Dijk are the Liverpool players shortlisted.
Other Premier League stars to make the cut include Tottenham’s Harry Kane, Manchester City pair Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne, Manchester United’s Bruno Fernandes and Chelsea duo Kai Havertz and Thiago Silva.
Despite missing out on the LaLiga title, Lionel Messi made the list as well.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos is also a contender after leading Los Blancos to domestic glory in Spain.
Paris Saint-Germain is also represented on the shortlist by Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, Angel Di Maria, Marquinhos, Juan Bernat, Presnel Kimpembe, Keylor Navas and former playerThiago Silva.
See the shortlist below:
UEFA Men’s Team Of The Year Nominees
- Alisson (Liverpool)
- Anthony Lopes (Lyon)
- Keylor Navas (PSG)
- Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich)
- Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid)
- David Alaba (Bayern Munich)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
- Angelino (RB Leipzig)
- Juan Bernat (PSG)
- Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich)
- Matthijs De Ligt (Juventus)
- Stefan de Vrij (Inter Milan)
- Hans Hateboer (Atalanta)
- Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich)
- Presnel Kimpembe (PSG)
- Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
- Andy Robertson (Liverpool)
- Thiago Silva (Chelsea)
- Thiago Alcantara (Liverpool)
- Houssem Aouar (Lyon)
- Ever Banega (Sevilla)
- Nicolo Barella (Inter Milan)
- Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
- Alejandro Gomez (Atalanta)
- Leon Goretzka (Bayern Munich)
- Kai Havertz (Chelsea)
- Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
- Josip Ilicic (Atalanta)
- Marquinhos (PSG)
- Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich)
- Marcel Sabitzer (RB Leipzig)
- Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)
- Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid)
- Angel Di Maria (PSG)
- Serge Gnabry (Bayern Munich)
- Ciro Immobile (Lazio)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
- Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan)
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG)
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
- Neymar (PSG)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
Read more on our Sport News Page
- Mount Semeru spews ash and smoke in Indonesia’s Java island
- COVID-19: Duke, Duchess share concern of mental toll on frontline staff
- Facebook, NYU Claim to Design AI Software That Can Predict Worsening COVID-19 Days in Advance
- Mason Mount put Chelsea back on track with late winner against Fulham
- Arsenal midfielder close to Fenerbahce move