The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced that its portal has been reopened for the 2020/2021 admissions on Wednesday.
The board noted that opening the portal gives institutions access to upload names of shortlisted applicants for the 2020/2021 admissions.
The spokesperson for JAMB, Fabian Benjamin, confirmed this in a telephone interview with The PUNCH on Wednesday.
He quoted the Registrar of JAMB, Prof Is-haq Oloyede, as saying that admission processes must go through the Central Admission Processing System for approval.
“Of course, long ago. Any institution, not just public that wants to is already uploading,” Oloyede was quoted as saying.
The board had earlier stated that it has yet to begin the sale of the 2021 Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination forms.
”JAMB reiterates that it has not begun the sale of its 2021 UTME and Direct Entry application forms, neither has it announced a date for the exercise.
”The clarification became necessary following fake news that the board has begun the sale and was urging prospective applicants to procure same from some nebulous selling outlets.
”The public is to note that the news of the purported sale of the registration forms is false and an attempt to mislead the public.”
JAMB disclosed that the delay in the sale of application forms was as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
Read more on our News Page
- BBNaija Organizers Announces Lockdown Edition Reunion (Video)
- BBNaija’s Ozo reveals how he handles his female admirers as a superstar
- Alexei Navalny Stripped Of ‘prisoner Of Conscience’ Status By Amnesty International Over His Comments That Compared Immigrants To Cockroaches
- “Let Bobrisky come out without makeup to challenge me” – Upcoming crossdresser, Michelle Page challenges Bobrisky to a beauty contest (Video)
- Truck Driver Crushes Four Hawkers To Death In Anambra As He Was Trying To Escape From Revenue Collectors