Amotekun operatives in Oyo State have allegedly killed a 21-year-old man in Ibadan, the state capital.
It was gathered on Thursday that operatives of the new security outfit set up by Governors in South West Nigeria shot one Tosin Thomas at Makola area of Ibadan on Wednesday.
DAILY POST learnt that Thomas died as a result of the gunshot he sustained.
Thomas was pronounced dead at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, DAILY POST reports.
No fewer than 5 people have been killed as a result of clashes between Amotekun operatives and hoodlums in the state.
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the State, Mr. Olugbenga Fadeyi confirmed the killing of Thomas on Thursday.
Fadeyi in a statement made available to DAILY POST on Thursday revealed that the deceased was prounced dead at UCH.
He said, “A report was received from one Alamu Timothy at Makola Police station today 14/01/202 and alleged that one Tosin Thomas ‘M’ 21 YRS of Ode Olo area Ibadan, while going home at Total Filing station Makola Ibadan on 13/01/2021 at about 1130 HRS, was hit by bullets from gun fired by Amotekun operatives.
“He was rushed to University College Hospital (UCH) for immediate medical attention and thereafter was confirmed dead by medical personnel.
“Investigation has commenced into the matter and further development shall be unfold please,” he added.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Kano orders principals to relocate to schools or be sacked
- ‘I cannot give players minutes on the pitch’ – Jose Mourinho insists Gareth Bale must earn his place at Tottenham
- “Mind your MF business”- Jude Ighalo’s wife, Sonia lambaste IG user who inquired if they are still married
- Court Orders El-Zakzaky’s Wife Relocation To Treatment Centre after confirming she has Coronavirus
- Google offers facilities for COVID-19 vaccination sites in US