Arsenal has been handed double boost as midfielder Dani Ceballos could be available for the FA Cup fourth-round tie with Southampton this weekend.
The midfielder, who is on loan from Real Madrid, missed Arsenal’s 3-0 win against Newcastle United on Monday night, with the Gunners stating that his absence was a precaution due to a tight calf.
Arsenal confirmed that Ceballos would be assessed ahead of the game on Saturday, and Gunners boss Mikel Arteta will be hopeful of having the Spaniard available for the clash with Southampton at St Mary’s – the first of two games between the two sides in the next few days.
The 24-year-old has played 24 times for Arsenal this season in all competitions, with Ceballos becoming a regular in Arteta’s matchday squad.
His return would be a boost to Arteta and Arsenal, giving him another option in central midfield, with Granit Xhaka, Thomas Partey, and Mohamed Elneny also set to be available for the game.
Arteta also confirmed that he expects forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to be involved against Saints, adding that he was “feeling good” after he was substituted with a stomach problem in the 3-0 win against Newcastle on Monday.
But Arsenal defender Pablo Mari is likely to miss the FA Cup tie with a mild calf strain.
The Gunners have confirmed that he is progressing well in his recovery and is aiming to be back in full training next week, although there is no indication as yet as to whether he will be fit to face Saints in the Premier League on Tuesday night.
Read more on our Sport News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols