Aston Villa has announced COVID-19 outbreak at the club on the eve of their FA Cup third-round tie with Liverpool.
The Premier League side said a large number of first-team players and staff are in isolation after returning positive tests on Monday.
The club’s training ground was closed on Thursday after a second round of testing produced more positive results.
Dean Smith’s side are scheduled to face Liverpool at 19:45 GMT on Friday night.
Villa said in a statement, “Discussions are ongoing between medical representatives of the club, the Football Association and the Premier League.”
Southampton’s FA Cup third-round game against Shrewsbury on Sunday was called offearlier on Thursday after a significant number of Shrews players and staff tested positive for coronavirus.
Wayne Rooney and Derby’s first-team squad will miss their FA Cup tie at Chorley on Saturday following a COVID-19 outbreak which closed their training ground on Monday.
The Rams’ team for the game at Victory Park will be made up of under-23 and under-18 player
Read more on our Sport News Page
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols
- Soldiers Feared Killed In Bandits Attack On Military Base In Katsina
- EVIL!!! Man In Police Custody For Stabbing His Wife With Kitchen Knife
- DISGRACE!!! Lady Stripped Naked, Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Bone Straight Hair Worth Of N200,000