Former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, has received Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
This disclosed by a media personality, Dele Momodu, who shared pictures showing Atiku receiving the jab in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Momodu showed the pictures on Twitter, writing, “Former Vice President, The Wazirin Adamawa, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, receives Pfizer COVID-19 jab vaccination.”
Atiku’s spokesman, Paul Ibe, confirmed the news, saying, “The importance of the #COVID19 vaccine in mitigating the effect of the coronavirus cannot be overstated, particularly in Africa and Nigeria. Yesterday (Wednesday), as part of the mass vaccination programme, His Excellency Atiku Abubakar received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.”
Atiku had in a New Year Day message expressed the belief that “the vaccine(s) would soon be available for vaccination in Nigeria,” adding, “It is also hoped that very soon life would return to normal.”
Read more on our Metro News Page
- ‘We Condemn Their Attempt To Arrest Sunday Igboho’ – Afenifere Reacts
- Traders Defend Themselves Against Touts At Alaba International Market (Video)
- Seven of the 317 Jangebe Schoolgirls escape from their abductors in Zamfara
- ‘Invite Gumi And Shekau First Before Disturbing Me’ – Sunday Igboho
- Ondo State Nurses To Embark On Warning Strike