Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has tested positive for COVID-19, his Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase announced on Wednesday.
Akase made this known in a statement released to newsmen in Makurdi, saying that “the latest result of his (governor Ortom) COVID-19 test has returned positive.
“This follows the test results of most of the Governor’s close aides who also returned positive in the last few weeks.
“Though the Governor has not shown any symptoms of the disease, he has already commenced treatment as prescribed by medical personnel.
“The Governor says it is equally important that those who came in contact with other persons who have tested positive for the virus should go for a test to ascertain their COVID-19 status.
He said that Governor Ortom urged residents of the state to continue to observe COVID-19 protocols such as wearing of face masks, use of sanitisers, regular hand washing and physical distancing.
He also encouraged residents to go for COVID-19 test as it would help in containing the spread of the virus in the state.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols