The body of a kidnapped revenue worker in Benue State, Joseph Myaan, has been discovered in a shallow grave.
Myaan was abducted over one month ago and efforts to locate his whereabouts were unsuccessful.
His corpse, according to sources, was discovered in a shallow grave in the Katsina-Ala Local Government Area of Benue State.
The PUNCH gathered that the body was found on Wednesday in Akpera, a suburb of Tongov community in Katsina-Ala.
A top politician from the area and security agents were said to have led a search party to the place where his body was exhumed.
“The remains of Myaan have been deposited in the Katsina-Ala General Hospital morgue,” said the source.
The Chairman of Kastina-Ala LGA, Alfred Atera, confirmed the incident, adding that the deceased was a staff member of the council.
The Benue state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Catherine Anene, said the command had yet to receive any report on the matter.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- World’s Oldest Wild Bird Hatches New Chick At Age 70
- ‘Nobody will be able to travel the world soon without a COVID-19 vaccination certificate’ – PTF
- Nollywood Actress, Remi Surutu Gives Reason For Slapping Fathia Balogun At An Event
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols