American celebrities are popping up in Washington DC ahead of US President-elect, Joe Biden’s inauguration
Lady Gaga will sing the national anthem at the inauguration ceremony, a task that was undertaken by Beyonce Knowles and Jackie Evancho in 2013 and 2017 respectively.
On Tuesday the pop star paid a solemn visit to the Capitol to pray for “a day of peace for all Americans” under the building’s famous dome.
Elsewhere in Washington DC, Jennifer Lopez found time to pose for a selfie with members of the National Guard.
“What an honor to spend a few moments with these brave men and women,” wrote the singer, who will also perform during the ceremony.
Model Chrissy Teigen also made time for the military reservists after she and singer husband “got lost on the way to soundcheck”.
Legend will be one of the performers on Celebrating America, a 90-minute TV show that will be shown on most major US networks and streaming platforms on Wednesday night.
Read more on our World News Page
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols
- Soldiers Feared Killed In Bandits Attack On Military Base In Katsina
- EVIL!!! Man In Police Custody For Stabbing His Wife With Kitchen Knife
- DISGRACE!!! Lady Stripped Naked, Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Bone Straight Hair Worth Of N200,000