Chelsea’s longest-serving player, Lucas Piazon has completed his transfer to Braga on a permanent deal having ended his loan spell at Rio Ave.
The Brazilian leaves after nine-and-a-half years at Chelsea. In 2012, he made three appearances for the Blues and was named the club’s Young Player of the Year after he helped them win the FA Youth Cup.
Piazon, who signed from Sao Paulo in his homeland and was a Brazilian youth international, subsequently spent loan spells at Malaga, Vitesse Arnhem, Frankfurt, Reading, Fulham – who he helped win promotion to the Premier League in 2018 – and Chievo.
He joined Rio Ave in Portugal at the start of last season on an 18-month loan deal and was a regular as they came fifth, their joint-highest league finish, qualifying for the Europa League in the process.
Piazon’s new club Braga are fourth in the Primeira Liga. They are managed by former Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea manager Carlos Carvalhal, who was also Piazon’s boss at Rio Ave last season.
“Lucas Piazon is the new signing for SC Braga,” the Portuguese outfit announced on their official website.
“The attacking midfielder played in Liga NOS this season with Rio Ave and has signed for the club until 2025.
“The 26-year-old has played in most major European leagues.
“Lucas Piazon is SC Braga’s seventh signing this season.”
Read more on our Sport News Page
- Barcelona owe Liverpool more money than any other club, official accounts reveal
- “There was no falling out on my part” – BBNaija’s Esther clears the air over beef with Tacha
- ‘Akeredolu cannot ask Fulani to vacate Ondo State’ – Fayemi
- Kano orders principals to relocate to schools or be sacked
- ‘I cannot give players minutes on the pitch’ – Jose Mourinho insists Gareth Bale must earn his place at Tottenham