A young Ghanaian couple who have been dating since their university days have shocked many with their story of how they spent their life savings of GHc 70,000 (N4,549,701.52) on their wedding, house rent and naming ceremony.
- Cemetery Worker Dies After Grave He Was Digging Collapsed On Him
- Police Arrest Ogun Deputy Speaker For ‘breach Of Public Peace’
- ‘The North Should Not Forget That Petroleum Comes From The South’ – Afenifere Speaks On Strike Action By Cattle Dealers
- Governor Abubakar Bello Receives Freed Kagara Schoolboys And Their Teachers (Photos)
- ‘Aregbesola did not receive any salary in his eight-year stint as governor in Osun’ – Aide
Speaking with Ghanacelebrities was a man identified as Chris Vincent, who is a cousin of the two lovers.
According to Chris, the couple graduated from university and worked for five years to save up the huge sum of GHc 70,000 (N4,549,701.52).
However, the lady got pregnant when they were dating and their families kept mounting pressure on them to get married and make their union official before the pregnancy becomes obvious.
The lovers had no choice than to dig deep into their pocket and pull out all the money they had to finance the wedding.
“The traditional wedding, the white wedding, and the associated receptions cost the couple about 45,000 GHS; they used 15,000 GHS of their monies to rent a place somewhere in Tema for a year,” Chris Vincent told Ghanacelebrities.
Seven months after the wedding, the couple gave birth and used GHc 10,000 (N650,000) which was what remained after their wedding on the naming ceremony.
Chris further revealed that the couple could have obtained a land in Accra, and started building a two-bedroom on the land with the money.