US President, Donald Trump’s accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have been temporarily suspended for flouting their content rules, following the riot that took place at the US Capitol on Wednesday.
Twitter suspended Trump’s account for 12 hours and also removed three tweets made by Trump.
Facebook and Instagram blocked his accounts for 24 hours.
Facebook said in a statement, “We’ve assessed two policy violations against President Trump’s page which will result in a 24-hour feature block, meaning he will lose the ability to post on the platform during that time.”
Instagram head, Adam Mosseri, confirmed through his Twitter handle that Trump’s account has been blocked on the platform.
Former US President Barack Obama has accused his successor, President Donald Trump, of provoking his supporters who stormed the US Capitol and violently clashed with police in an attempt to stop President-elect Joe Biden’s certification on Wednesday, January 6.
“History will rightly remember today’s violence at the Capitol, incited by a sitting president who has continued to baselessly lie about the outcome of a lawful election, as a moment of great dishonour and shame for our nation. But we’d be kidding ourselves if we treated it as a total surprise,” Obama said in his reaction to the riot.
Read more on our World News Page
- EVIL!!! Man In Police Custody For Stabbing His Wife With Kitchen Knife
- DISGRACE!!! Lady Stripped Naked, Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Bone Straight Hair Worth Of N200,000
- WAHALA!!! See How Daughters Fight Ogboni Confraternity Who Tried To Take Their Father’s Corpse Away During Burial Ceremony
- Kim Kardashian To Keep $60m Hidden Hills Home Amid Divorce From Kanye West
- YAWA!!! “Marry Her Or Go To Jail” Man Who Raped Mad Woman Forced To Choose