The Federal Government has revealed the passport numbers of 100 travellers, who refused to undergo the mandatory COVID-19 test after returning to the country.
Their details were published by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 on its official Twitter handle on Saturday.
It wrote, “The PTF has placed travel restrictions on the first 100 passengers for non-compliance to the mandatory Day 7 post-arrival COVID-19 test.”
It said the restrictions started from January 1, 2021 and would last till June 30, 2021.
The PTF also stated that the affected passengers have been notified and will be prevented from out of the country during this period.
The Chairman of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, who is also the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, had earlier in the week said the affected travellers would be published before the end of the week.
According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), the country has recorded over 85,000 COVID infections including more than 1,200 deaths.
Read more on our News Page
- Young Man stabbed to death while filming a music video in London (photos)
- ”No room for laziness and unfruitfulness”- COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo backs Bishop Oyedepo over sacking of pastors
- See what Bishop David Oyedepo said after sacking multiple pastors from Winners Chapel (video)
- Taliban beheads Afghanistan interpreter for US Army as militant group dominates almost 90% of Afghan territory following US withdrawal of military troops
- Bandits kill 3 persons, set ablaze military armoured vehicle in Zamfara