Suspected carbon monoxide poisoning has led to the death of at least five people at a nursing home in Italy, local media and officials said on Saturday.
The incident happened at the Villa dei Diamanti care home in Lanuvio, a town near Rome, Italian firefighters said in a post on Twitter.
“Some residents have [been] killed, while others have been hospitalised,” it said.
Seven people, including two health workers, are being treated in hospital for symptoms related to carbon monoxide poisoning, the ANSA news agency said.
“It’s a tragedy,” Interior Ministry Undersecretary Carlo Sibilia wrote in a Facebook post.
The nursing home was managing an outbreak of coronavirus after a health worker tested positive on January 13, ANSA said, citing a statement by the Lazio regional crisis centre.
Read more on our World News Page
- ‘June Should Be The Date. Undisputed’ – Anthony Joshua Hints At Showdown Date With Tyson Fury
- Ten Policemen Injured In Auto Crash Involving Bauchi Governor’s Convoy
- Police Arrest Two Men In Ogun For Gang Raping A 16-year-old Girl
- Ex-French President, Nicolas Sarkozy Found Guilty Of Corruption And Sentenced To Jail
- Female Students Sent Home Over Spiritual Attack In Benue School