The Nollywood film, Omo Ghetto (The Saga), produced by Funke Akindele-Bello has been declared Nigeria’s highest-grossing movie of all time.
The 2020 comedy film has broken the record formally held by The Wedding Party, a film by Kemi Adetiba.
In a statement released by the Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria, Omo Ghetto The Saga has grossed N468,036,300 after holding the number one spot for three weeks in a row.
The statement read, “Omo Ghetto’ has officially broken a four years record by knocking off Kemi Adetiba’s 2016 Comedy movie, The Wedding Party.
“The movie had been Nollywood Highest Grossing Movie with N453,000,000, in the third place is, The Wedding Party 2 with N433,197,377.”
According to NAN reports, the Akindele-Bellos’ latest feat is probably the most shocking news in recent times, as it comes amidst the COVID-19 pandemic that crippled the film industry for months.
Omo Ghetto The Saga was released on Christmas day 2020 and is a sequel to 2010 ‘Omo Ghetto’, which follows the life of Shalewa aka Lefty (Funke Akindele).
The film stars Funke Akindele in the dual role of Ayomide and Lefty, Tina Mba, Adebayo Salami aka Oga Bello, Chioma Akpotha, Bimbo Thomas, Eniola Badmus, Deyemi Okanlawon, Zubby Michael, Mercy Aigbe, Timini Egbuson, Alex Ekubo among others.
Read more on our Entertainment News Page
- Cemetery Worker Dies After Grave He Was Digging Collapsed On Him
- Police Arrest Ogun Deputy Speaker For ‘breach Of Public Peace’
- ‘The North Should Not Forget That Petroleum Comes From The South’ – Afenifere Speaks On Strike Action By Cattle Dealers
- Governor Abubakar Bello Receives Freed Kagara Schoolboys And Their Teachers (Photos)
- ‘Aregbesola did not receive any salary in his eight-year stint as governor in Osun’ – Aide