Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje has reacted to the death of Bello Isah Bayero, an elder statesman in the state who passed away on Thursday evening at the age of 85.
In a condolence message by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Abba Anwar, on Friday in Kano, the governor described Bayero’s death as a great loss, not only to his family but to the state.
He said, “We received, with the deepest shock, the death of Alhaji Bello Isah Bayero, who died when the state and the nation needed him the most.
“He was a gentleman, whose political leadership helped in the restoration of our democracy.
“As a gentleman, who trained many in many human endeavours, we missed him the most.
“His death is a great loss to Nigerian democracy, our traditional institution and political leadership.
“Bayero was an embodiment of humility, excellence, productivity, openness, transparency, accountability and that he was a father to the state and Nigerian democracy.
“What remains for us now, is to pray for Allah’s forgiveness and blessings on his soul and seek Allah’s guidance to give us all the courage to bear this great loss.
“On behalf of the government and people of Kano State, I am sending this condolence to his immediate families, our royal institution, friends and all other well-wishers of the late elder statesman, Bello Isa Bayero,” he added.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- BBNaija Organizers Announces Lockdown Edition Reunion (Video)
- BBNaija’s Ozo reveals how he handles his female admirers as a superstar
- Alexei Navalny Stripped Of ‘prisoner Of Conscience’ Status By Amnesty International Over His Comments That Compared Immigrants To Cockroaches
- “Let Bobrisky come out without makeup to challenge me” – Upcoming crossdresser, Michelle Page challenges Bobrisky to a beauty contest (Video)
- Truck Driver Crushes Four Hawkers To Death In Anambra As He Was Trying To Escape From Revenue Collectors