Everton boss, Carlo Ancelotti has admitted on the club’s official website that Abdoulaye Doucoure ‘deserves a rest’, ahead of his side’s clash against Aston Villa.
Doucoure picked up his fifth booking of the season last night, which means he won’t play for Everton against Villa.
The Frenchman has started in every single one of the Toffees’ league matches since arriving from Watford over the summer
That run of games will be broken at the weekend, but Ancelotti has hinted that he may have taken Doucoure out of Everton’s side soon anyway to ensure that he didn’t become too fatigued.
“He is a key player, it was a fantastic signing in the summer,” said Ancelotti.
“He is a fantastic guy and fantastic professional.
“I think he deserves to rest, so it’s not so bad.
With Doucoure out Everton’s task of winning against Villa becomes more difficult.
The 28-year-old’s energy has been very important for Everton so far this season, and their midfield options look less convincing without him involved.
Everton go into their game against Villa in a strong position, as their victory against Wolves last night has lifted them into fourth place in the Premier League table.
Read more on our Sport News Page
- Stop foreign businesses exploiting our markets, Buhari directs Revenue Collectors
- Beware of fake ‘COVID-19 Inspectors’ in Abuja, FCTA warns Residents
- Top Somali official killed in Mogadishu
- Don Davis’ mother calls out Reno Omokri, Deeper Life members for allegedly threatening her (Video)
- Prominent South African minister dies of Covid-19 complications