Popular Nigerian comedienne, Oluwadamilola Adekoya better known by her stage name, Princess has opened up on why her marriage collapsed in two weeks.
Princess got married to movie actor/producer, Jeremiah Adeshola, in a quiet wedding at the Federal Marriage Registry in Ikoyi, Lagos, on May 8th, 2013, and was followed by a lavish ceremony held at Balmoral Events Centre, Oregun, Lagos. But sadly the marriage ended two weeks after.
Speaking about her marriage which lasted only two weeks, in a recent interview on TVC, stated that she takes the blame for the failure of the marriage, because it shouldn’t have happened in the first place.
In her words:“I take the blame for the failure because it shouldn’t have happened. I was stupid, plain and simple.
“You know I am a romantic. Love is not enough. A counsellor said to us it is better to have a broken engagement than to have a broken marriage. Automatically I said we have given out IVs..How are we going to do that?.
When it happened, the first thought that came to my head was that we should have just cancelled since that was my birthday”. She added.
The comedienne advised anyone going through turbulent times to summon up the courage and bounce back. According to her, she stayed down for so long after her marriage crashed and it was hard for her because she also lost a baby in the process.
- British Singer, Adele And Simon Konecki Finalise Divorce Two Years After Their Separation
- Police Arrest Pretty Mike Over Breach Of COVID-19 Protocols
- Soldiers Feared Killed In Bandits Attack On Military Base In Katsina
- EVIL!!! Man In Police Custody For Stabbing His Wife With Kitchen Knife
- DISGRACE!!! Lady Stripped Naked, Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Bone Straight Hair Worth Of N200,000