Italy has suspended international flights from Brazil, in response to a new COVID-19 variant, Health Minister, Roberto Speranza said on Saturday.
Anyone who has transited Brazil in the last 14 days is also prohibited from entering Italy, he said on Facebook, while people arriving in Italy from Brazil will be required to take a test for the virus.
“It is critical for our scientists to study the new strain. In the meantime, we are taking a very cautious approach”, he said.
Such rules will remain in place until Jan. 31, the order issued on Saturday by the health minister showed.
Read more on our World News Page
- Cemetery Worker Dies After Grave He Was Digging Collapsed On Him
- Police Arrest Ogun Deputy Speaker For ‘breach Of Public Peace’
- ‘The North Should Not Forget That Petroleum Comes From The South’ – Afenifere Speaks On Strike Action By Cattle Dealers
- Governor Abubakar Bello Receives Freed Kagara Schoolboys And Their Teachers (Photos)
- ‘Aregbesola did not receive any salary in his eight-year stint as governor in Osun’ – Aide